[DWJ] Coastlines was Re: another introduction

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Wed Jan 7 13:05:05 EST 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 3:50 AM, Jennifer Rowland wrote:

> (I've suddenly come over all six years old and have "islands win,
> continents suck, nyah nyah nyah!" in my head. How ridiculous.
> There's nothing wrong with continents that a few more coastlines
> wouldn't cure, anyway.)

Indeed.  I grew up near the east coast of the USofA and spent lots
of time at the shore [which is how people in my part of the world
expressed it].

Then later I lived for 25 or so years in Michigan, which has no
salt water, but has plenty of coastline, what with the Great Lakes.

Now I live in Colorado, which has none.  Although I like the dry,
I miss coasts.

[Fascinating fact about Colorado:  the major rivers of the southwest
start here -- the Rio Grande, the Colorado, and the Platte.  So it's
not like we don't have _any_ water ....]

I have always felt that laughter in the face of
reality is probably the finest sound there is and
will last until the day when the game is called
on account of darkness. In this world, a good
time to laugh is any time you can.

                           -- Linda Ellerbee