[DWJ] yet another introduction

Kathleen Jennings kathleen.jennings at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 15:30:11 EST 2009

I'm Kathleen, living in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I'm a
property lawyer but also write (and had a short story accepted in
November for a local spec fic magazine!) and do a bit of illustration
(also to see print in a small way this year). I hope, like Margaret,
to make enough back to pay for new supplies :)

My favourite DWJ is... oh, Deep Secret, Fire & Hemlock and Howl's
Moving Castle. At college a friend and I would dose ourselves with The
Englishman Who Went Up a Hill, and Zulu, and then hold people down and
read Howl out loud to them while putting on terrible Welsh accents.

I think of myself as a science fiction/fantasy reader but the best
books I read each year usually include obscure biographies and
histories picked up at the Lifeline book sales.