[DWJ] New Introduction

Tarja Rainio tarja.rainio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 13:20:27 EST 2009

I'll join the bandwagon. I'm Tarja and live in Helsinki, Finland (I
think there are a couple of other Finns who are also lurking on the
list). I'm 39 and will turn 40 next December, which never stops
surprising me, since I'm still waiting for that magical day when I'll
feel all grown-up. I work in the customer service of one of the
biggest Finnish telecommunications companies, mostly in contact
centre, outsourced switchboard services or as a voice conference
assistant (depending on what kind of a shift I have).

I'm mostly a lurker on the list, even though I was apparently one of
the first to join it when it was first started. I discovered DWJ when
I was about 12 and borrowed "Charmed Life" from the library, and
immediately fell in love with it. I have managed to acquire most of
her books throughout the years, though not quite all. My favourites
are the Chrestomanci books, "Hexwood", the Dalemark quartet and
several others.

I've discovered quite a few authors through this list, including
favourites like Lois McMaster Bujold, Garth Nix, and Megan Whalen
Turner. Other authors I like are P. C. Hodgell, Vera Nazarian, Laura
Anne Gilman, Melissa Marr, Sean Stewart, and Martha Wells.

I've met a few of the list members: Hallie and Charlie in the Glasgow
Worldcon a few years back, and Minnow in the Tampere Finncon last
summer after being one of the speakers in a DWJ panel (which Farah was
also in).

  I have a Livejournal (http://vierran45.livejournal.com) in which I
try to comment something on every book I read, but most of the content
is concentrated on my other fandoms (Asian dramas, Japanese boybands,
and stuff like that...). Feel free to friend me if you want to, but be
warned that I tend to post _a lot_ in it.

Back to lurking now,

Tarja