[DWJ] New Introduction

Jane Scarlett mail at janescarlett.com
Thu Jan 1 06:54:54 EST 2009

My name is Jane, and I'm 46 and live in London.  I've did read some DWJ when
I was young - The Ogre Downstairs is the only one I remember clearly - and
rediscovered her in the 1990s.  I joined the list several years ago, but
mostly lurk.

I have met a few list members in London, and it feels like time to get
people together again if we can.  I have been hampered by childcare from
getting to evening events, but now that I have an eleven year old reader
(likes DWJ, but not read many; but loves Garth Nix, Cornelia Funke, Anthony
Horowitz, Philip Reeve, so would enjoy a list-meet) I can disguise this as
educational.

The list has introduced me to Lois McMaster Bujold, Garth Nix, Neil Gaiman.

I saw the new Inkheart film yesterday.  Has anyone else seen it?  I really
enjoyed it, and it quite made up for the disappointment I had over Prince
Caspian, which the kids were given for Christmas, and which altered the
characters beyond recognition for me.  I was half excited and half appalled
to see that Watchmen has been made into a film, due out in March.

Jane