[DWJ] Archer's Goon

Charlie Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 10:56:54 EST 2009

2009/2/26 <liril at gmx.net>

> also still wondering about the name changes, and espically about the
> translation of "goon". He is "Dussel" in German, which means a stupid and
> funny person, not threatening. With goon, I'd have connotations of "thug" -
> or is that American english?

It is American English, though I'd imagine that's the primary meaning Fifi
has in mind when she names him as such. In British English, though, it can
also suggest something comic, as you say. For British people of a
certain generation, it inevitably evokes "The Goon Show", which was a big
hit on radio in the 1950s.

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk