[DWJ] 'Recorded Books'

Kait Bessing kait.bessing at comhem.se
Tue Feb 24 15:31:31 EST 2009

I'm a diligent reader of talking books (mostly in Swedish), and I'm so
impressed by this company's actually consulting the author about the
pronunciations!!

When I think how many times I've writhed in agony to hear readers say names
ALL WRONG - even well-known, established names! Mostly in translated books,
of course.

Not only do they say them wrong, but they say them DIFFERENTLY on different
occasions in the book! Like they can't make up their minds.

I remember reading one of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books as a talking
book, in Swedish. The reader pronounced the name Falme (a city) as Fal-m,
but then later it was Fall-m, and it took me a long while to realise that
she was referring to the same place!!

Anyway, I think Recorded Books sounds like a great company!

Kait in Stockholm, Sweden