[DWJ] 'Recorded Books'

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Feb 23 06:44:41 EST 2009

I am told that some people who produce audio books of DWJ's work have the
pleasant habit of ringing her up to check about the pronunciation of names
such as 'Stallery' (which she has told them rhymes with 'gallery', by the
way) before they start to get the books read aloud onto CDs.

So if there are questions about the way in which the author intended her
invented names to be spoken, people who want to know the answer can apply
themselves to talking books from 'Recorded Books', who have made the effort
to find out what *she* says and try to get it right ('right' in this
instance must be deemed to mean only insofar as the opinion of the author
in such a matter has any bearing, and should not be taken as spoiling with
facts any argument that may have arisen in the matter, nor, naturally, as
any slur on anyone who may hold a different opinion).  That of course
assumes such questions are about a book from 'Recorded Books', which isn't
all of them; I don't know which ones they have got round to at this point.

*The House of Many Ways* is available unabridged on 7 CDs that take 8 hours
to play.

'Recorded Books' do not mention a website on the cover of the boxed set,
and give their contact details as
1-800-638-1304
and
Recorded Books, LLC, 270 Skipjack Road, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.

I am in no way associated with  this organisation, and this post is for
information only.

Minnow