[DWJ] OT question

Roslyn Gross roslyn.gross at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 09:59:14 EST 2009

I live in Melbourne (in Victoria) but have also just come up yesterday to
the Gold Coast for a short break. It's difficult in Victoria at the moment.
In Melbourne, everyone seems to know someone who has died in the fires or
who has lost their house. I've just found out that someone at work who was
listed as missing has now been confirmed dead (he had another house in
Marysville). That day was extraordinary. The temperature in the city that
Saturday reached 46 degrees, and higher than that in some parts of Victoria.
When temperatures get that high, and there's a ferocious north wind, and the
bush is bone dry because of the long drought, it presents perfect conditions
for an inferno.

Ros

*waves* from the Gold Coast. Just here on holidays, I usually reside in
South Australia.

My cousins live in Victoria but are not near the fire areas. From what I've
heard, they're hoping to contain the fires soon.

Emily> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 06:58:42 +1000> From:
kathleen.jennings at gmail.com> To: dwj at suberic.net> Subject: Re: [DWJ] OT
question> > On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Elizabeth Parks <
henx19 at gmail.com> wrote:> > Speaking of Australia, I hope that all of you
over Down Under are> > okay, and safe from all the fires :/> > I'm in
Brisbane, so fine here (fires in the south and floods in the> north).
Feeling a bit useless, though, with all the reports of fire &> army &
regular generosity and heroism going on. I don't recall if any> of the
Australians on the list are from SA.> > K.> >

Dwj at suberic.net