[DWJ] OT question

Anita Graham anita at joli.com.au
Wed Feb 11 06:09:34 EST 2009

Hmm - I would ask Garth Nix whether/how/if he had trouble sustaining the
interest (for himself, and then for readers) over the seven Keys to the
Kingdom books. (Book 7 not yet out...when? is another question.)

It has seemed to me that some of his books have been republished now that
his reputation has grown (the Ragwitch, the seven towers books). Does he
feel these earlier books are at the same standard as the later books
(Sabriel et al, Keys to Kingdom).

What's coming next?

How would he compare his books with writers like Justine Larbalestier? I ask
because I think they are comparable. I suppose that question might link to
(or from) contemporary writers he enjoys reading. (not necessarily
Australian,  but perhaps YA, fantasy)

Thank him for me for some happy reading (Mister Monday specially and Lirael
in the library) and some scary reading (Lirael waking up the monster in the
library) and lots of lots of enjoyment.

Anita Graham