[DWJ] Further to "other notice"

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Dec 11 08:22:25 EST 2009

On 6th I wrote

>DWJ fell on Thursday morning and broke her hip.
>She was admitted to hospital and had a hip-replacement on Friday afternoon.
>As far as the hospital can tell at this point, the operation has been
>successful and she is making a good recovery.

She has asked me to thank everyone on the list for their good wishes, which
have been cheering her at dark moments: hospital is a horrid place to be.
"Warm fuzzy comfort" is apparently a good way to express her feelings when
she has been able to recall you all to mind when she was down.

Yesterday the medics had a quick panic lest she might be developing a
thrombisis, but the scan today showed that it was not, more likely simple
abreaction to the lactose in one of the medicines they have been giving her
that had caused a swelling at the wound-site, and they plan to send her
home this afternoon.

Phew!

Minnow