[DWJ] DWJ Books for younger children

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Dec 11 08:22:25 EST 2009

And Otter wrote:

>Me, too.  I am a reader, not an expert.

I don't think that this makes your views less valid than those who use
fancy language to express theirs -- and it would certainly seem that nor
does DWJ (who is herself no slouch when it comes to academic qualification,
what with and Oxford degree and a doctorate from Bristol and newspaper
reviewing credentials).

In fact she has been known once or twice to agree with that definition of
"expert" which works better in speech than in writing: "ex" as in
"has-been", "spurt" as in "drip under pressure".

Minnow