[DWJ] Which DWJ for Christmas...?

Elizabeth Bentley ebentleysln at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 9 16:12:50 EST 2009

Death in itself need not be an issue - my daughter's favourite book
aged 7 was Treasure island, and she also loved the Redwall books,
which are fairly bloodthirsty. But I only came across DWJ as an adult,
and I don't think my daughter read DWJ until later for some reason. I
think I started her with Charmed life, which was my first, and somehow
it didn't take hold on her imagination. She has just suggested Lives
of Christopher Chant as a better place to start for a younger child.

EB

Elizabeth Bentley

Please look at the new 10 Downing Street petition on school libraries
started by Alan Gibbons and if you agree sign before 11th December
when it finishes. <http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/literacy/>