[DWJ] quick belated conference response

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 08:45:29 EDT 2009

Katie's con report  was the last email I read before being deprived of
internet *and* phone lines for over 24 hours.  Otherwise I'd have been
quicker to hop in and say how great it was to meet you/her at the con and to
bemoan the fact that I didn't get to be part of the Frances Hardinge
admiration society there.  I've loved all her books, but _Gullstruck Island_
was my favourite by far.  (It's due to be out in the US, as Gili says,
titled _The Lost Conspiracy_, the beginning of September.)

Charlie's doubtless too reticent to mention - or more likely, has managed to
forget - but at the time I read it, I said that  _Verdigris Deep_  felt like
a mixture of his books with a bit of 'Catherine Fisher in her Alan Garner
mood'.   I got him to read it by pushing the DWJ-likeness though!

Hallie