[DWJ] Desert Island DWJ was RE: It's echoing in here

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Wed Aug 19 07:58:12 EDT 2009

This isn't Desert Island Discs, is it?  We're not marooned?

Phew.  In that case I thought about taking Drowned Ammet, which has so
much sea in it and is so evocative I can almost smell the sea when I
think about it.  But perhaps that makes it a better book to read when
one is far away from the sea, and besides, I read it for the first time
while on holiday in Cyprus, so it has Cyprus memories attached to it.
Other DWJ books I first read on holiday include Castle In The Air
(Malta) and A Sudden Wild Magic (New York, where Tod met Gladys in the
restaurant at the top of the WTC).  In general, the circumstances in
which I first read a book flavour my impressions of it ever after, and
vice versa.

So I would really like to get those tropical island memories attached to
a book I haven't read before.  Can I delay my holiday until Enchanted
Glass is out?

	Eleanor