[DWJ] Bees

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Sun Apr 26 22:26:12 EDT 2009

Aimee Smith wrote:

>> No, I wasn't wearing any gear.
>
>> (snip)
>
>> MArk Allums
>

> Wow! Thank you so much!
> I am now struck by how much information I get told (about bees
> generally) that I unwittingly have put into my story already.
> Eg. The main character likes watching them swarm, though misses it due
> to a royal visit in the first chapter, and the bit about bees being
> pretty laid back, especially when swarming.
> But it's so nice to know exactly what it's like witnessing a swarm!
> I too agree with Minnow: some very illuminating analogies, disjointed or
> no.
>
> :)
>
> Aimee.

Thank you.

Uh, *some* bees are laid back *some* of the time.  Tame, "domesticated"
honeybees, yes, the bumblebees that make nests on the ground, no.
Africanized honeybees, no.  Little bees we used to call "sweat" bees
that like to drink Mountain Dew, yes.

Is there room in your story about the evil bees of Mordor (or wherever)?

Mark Allums