[DWJ] an appeal to Australia

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sat Apr 25 15:26:26 EDT 2009

>This has probably been answered, but yes, bowerbirds happen here and yes, I
>know that book. The main character is called Martin, who gets sent to
>Australia to stay with Penny McLeod and her family.
>The author is Stephen Fennimore, but I'm fairly sure he is known by another
>name as well.
>
>Sallyo from Tassie... who once had a wall covered with pasted pictures,
>inspired by this book!

Well, I did get an S in the name!  Yes, bless you Sally, that's the name I
couldn't get.

And thanks to Otter too, for the other information about the chap.  I don't
know the names there either.

OK, so I'm just ignorant.

Thanks to all for reassuring me that I'm not also beginning to misremember
non-existant books!

Minnow