[DWJ] an appeal to Australia

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Apr 25 15:17:41 EDT 2009

Ah, Google.  Fennimore was the pen name of somebody called
Cuthbert Quinlan Dale Collins.  He also wrote under the names
Dale Collins and Michael Copeland.

A link:  http://adbonline.anu.edu.au/biogs/A080080b.htm

I don't see any immediate evidence on Google that he's still
in print.

On Apr 25, 2009, at 4:41 AM, sally at sallyodgers.com wrote:

> This has probably been answered, but yes, bowerbirds happen here
> and yes, I know that book.
> The main character is called Martin, who gets sent to Australia to
> stay with Penny McLeod and her family.
> The author is Stephen Fennimore, but I'm fairly sure he is known by
> another name as well.
> Sallyo from Tassie... who once had a wall covered with pasted
> pictures, inspired by this book!

> Minnow writes:
>> childhood  I read a book called *Bush Holiday* whose author I can't
>> remember (a male and I never saw anything else by him: somebody
>> Sawyer, or

Mornings are a delusion of the
planet bound.