[DWJ] Bees _Swarm in May [was Chalice]

shawyer at mail.utexas.edu shawyer at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 23 10:44:12 EDT 2009

> Quoting Minnow <minnow at belfry.org.uk>:
>>
>> Memory of *A Swarm in May*, and Owen in a surplice wandering across the
>> quad wearing a bowler hat, with a swarm of bees hanging from a chain in one
>> hand and a bicycle pump in the other.

> Oooh, yes! And he sang to them too, right? Was it "Men of Harlech"? I
> have a vivid image of the boy and the bees and the sound of song and
> buzzing comingling into a choir.

Yes, yes, he did and it was Men of Harlech!  Now all I need is to remember
who it was who saw him and thought he was completely mad, and what exactly
the description he gave of Owen was.  One of the teachers?  Perhaps the one
who had been trying to teach him the Bee-Keeper's Introit in Latin?

Minnow

----- End forwarded message -----