[DWJ] LibraryThing for libraries

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Apr 22 22:46:35 EDT 2009

Hello all

I have just been directed to a library website that uses LibraryThing
for Libraries. Apparently this enhancement operates in a similar fashion
to the Amazon application which tells you what 'others who bought this
book also bought.' In LTFL this shows as 'similar books' I looked up
'Curse of Chalion' by LMB and found this one listed as a similar book:
All I know about animal behavior I learned in Loehmann's dressing room /
Bombeck, Erma.

Not having read this, I can't really comment, but it did make me
curious. Anyone read them both and care to comment on the similarities
between them (or otherwise)?

So then I looked up House of Many ways, and as well as 3 other DWJ
books, the following were also listed as similar books:

The Amulet of Samarkand / Stroud, Jonathan.
Dragonhaven / McKinley, Robin

The 3 similar DWJ books were Castle in the Air, Conrad's fate, and The
Game.

Oh, and this is the library website I was directed to:
www.nelsonpubliclibraries.co.nz  - the first public library in NZ to use
this application, apparently.

Regards
Elizabeth.