[DWJ] an appeal to Australia

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Apr 22 16:18:12 EDT 2009

There is a programme on Radio 4 about bower birds at the moment, and it is
coming from somewhere that isn't Australia, but I am sure that in my
childhood  I read a book called *Bush Holiday* whose author I can't
remember (a male and I never saw anything else by him: somebody Sawyer, or
some such name?) set in Australia, in which there was a visit to some bower
birds.

The first question is, does anyone remember who wrote it?

And the second is, do bower birds happen in the Australian bush?

Thank you.

Minnow