[DWJ] Chalice

Wed Apr 22 12:28:15 EDT 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:47:06 +1000, Kathleen Jennings wrote:

>On a tangent, I am house hunting at the moment and yesterday morning I
>inspected a house which had bees living in its back wall. The previous
>owner apparently "liked having them there" and his successors are
>trying to get the bees humanely moved out. You could smell the honey.

I would *love* to have that house.  What we have are wasps.  Yellow jackets.
Hornets.  The owners of our house planted some large bushes to make the
front look pretty, and they attract every kind of stinging, buzzing,
pestiferous insect EXCEPT the lovely honeybee.  My oldest daughter kills
them with her bare hands; everyone else uses a flyswatter.

Not that I really want the responsibility of having bees living inside my
house.  It would just be nicer.

Melissa Proffitt
(whose name means...guess what?)