[DWJ] Chalice

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Wed Apr 22 11:06:47 EDT 2009

I don't offhand remember a DWJ reference to telling the bees the news,
but in Elizabeth Goudge's Linnets and Valerians, they do tell the bees
the news, and the 1925 novel, The Keeper of the Bees, by Gene
Stratton-Porter, goes into great detail on bee-keeping and talking to
the bees.  It's also a great story if you can locate a copy in the UK.

Yours,
Jenny Schwartzberg