[DWJ] Chalice

Helen Schinske hschinske at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 18:59:50 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kathleen Jennings" <kathleen.jennings at gmail.com>
To: "Diana Wynne Jones discussion" <dwj at suberic.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [DWJ] Chalice

> On a tangent, I am house hunting at the moment and yesterday morning I
> inspected a house which had bees living in its back wall. The previous
> owner apparently "liked having them there" and his successors are
> trying to get the bees humanely moved out. You could smell the honey.
>
> K.

There are worse things than bees. I'm reminded of the Gone-Away Lake books,
by Elizabeth Enright, in which the elderly Pindar Payton lives in two rooms
of a ramshackle house, the rest of which is given over to hornets. He says
it's like living in a hotel, all that coming and going, and not having to
know anyone else.

Helen Schinske