[DWJ] Atwood

Jennifer Rowland janamouse at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 07:32:53 EDT 2009

Minnow wrote:

> Has anyone here ever actually encounted a giant space-
> travelling squid in a work of science fiction?  I never have...

Doesn't Ken Macleod have some somewhere? Possibly in the Engines of Light series? Charlie Stross has a space lobster an Accelerando, I think, unless it's a cyberlobster.

Also I'm pretty sure I've read a blurb of something very recent featuring Uplifted squid who're designed to be starship pilots, but can't remember what (at this stage it's probably deliberately playing off the "Squids in SPAAACE!" stereotype, of course).
Jennifer