[DWJ] What I've been reading was Re: anyone reading list ondigest?

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 08:15:50 EDT 2009

2009/4/19 Jane Scarlett <mail at janescarlett.com>

> I'm very excited to see that Tim Burton has filmed Coraline - does anyone
> here know whether Neil Gaiman has been much involved with the film, and
> what
> his opinion is of it?  I did look at his blog, but there was only a link to
> the film website, and nothing I could see from NG himself about it.

Tim Burton had nothing to do with the film of "Coraline"; it was made
(written and directed) by Henry Selick, who directed the Tim Burton-produced
"Nightmare Before Christmas", which is why somehow Burton is getting all the
credit for "Coraline" (and, indeed, the Selick-directed "Nightmare...") Neil
has written about the film extensively on his blog, and has been very
involved involved in the film's making, although not in any formal capacity.
And he's delighted with it.

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)