[DWJ] What I've been reading was Re: anyone reading list ondigest?

Jane Scarlett mail at janescarlett.com
Sun Apr 19 04:04:38 EDT 2009

Good to see the list getting active again:-)

I haven't been reading much recently - some re-reads of classics (in the
middle of Felix Holt atm - loving George Eliot and  Jane Austen as much as
ever, and also Joseph Conrad).

I'm very excited to see that Tim Burton has filmed Coraline - does anyone
here know whether Neil Gaiman has been much involved with the film, and what
his opinion is of it?  I did look at his blog, but there was only a link to
the film website, and nothing I could see from NG himself about it.

Have re-read Michael Moorcock's The Dancers at the End of Time, which was
fun; and also getting back to Isaac Asimov.  I've got a book-hungry 12 year
old, who is eyeing up the shelves here and can't remember suitable ages for
a lot of the old stuff, or enough detail to guess whether he'd like them!

Jane