[DWJ] Pam Freeman

Aimee Smith aimees001 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 22:05:16 EDT 2009

Judith,

Thanks for that! I popped over to Pamela's Facebook page last night
and remembered that the next one is out. But I am even more excited
that the last one is coming!
Having to wait for the third might prove more torturous than waiting
for the second.
It has been a whole term - months and months - since I was in a
bookshop, so that will have to be my excuse!

I am fairly new to Aussie authors (not counting Isobelle Carmody and
Garth Nix, who I read in high school) - so I hadn't seen her other
books. Good to know!

I too have been reading Margo Lanagan. I don't think anyone knows
words quite like she does. I have Tender Morsels sitting in my to-read
pile. I read the first bits in the bookshop and was suitably harrowed
by them, yet couldn't put them down for love nor money because of the
WORDS! Juicy and breathtaking.

Sydney Writers Festival, eh? Hmm...

:)

Aimee.