[DWJ] Here goes posting...

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 09:20:39 EDT 2009

2009/4/17 Aimee Smith aimees001 at gmail.com wrote:

> I've been reading some Aussie authors - Karen Miller, Pamela Freeman and
> Trudi Canavan - and very much liking them. And did I mention Scott
> Westerfeld before? Him, too.
>

> Blood Ties - Pamela Freeman (can't wait till the next one! Great
> landscapes, great horses, intriguing society/plot potential)

Hello everyone,

I'm just popping in to say that Pamela Freeman's second book in the
Castings trilogy, "Deep Water", has been out for a few months. She's
recently handed in the the completed, edited MS for the final installment,
"Full Circle", which is due later this year. There'll be a stand-alone set
in the same universe in 2010.

You might also have come across her children's books, Victor's Quest
(originally published in the early 90s and now reprinted by Walker), and its
sequel Victor's Challenge. Third Victor title to come. We're also hoping her
"Floramonde" children's trilogy might also get picked up for a reprint.

(Pamela is one of my closest friends as also happens to live just down the
street from me, although we were friends before she moved in.)

As for me, I am trying to work my way through as many unread title by MT
Anderson, Mal Peet, Margo Lanagan, Garth Nix and Isobelle Carmody as I can
before now and May 24, when I am chairing panel sessions with all of the
above (in various permutations) at the Sydney Writers' Festival.

Cheers,

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)