[DWJ] What I've been reading was Re: anyone reading list on digest?

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 08:55:02 EDT 2009

I recently read and reread Maggie Stiefvater's _Lament: The Faerie Queen's
Deception_, which I loved.  It doesn't have much similarity to _Fire and
Hemlock_ in tone, but a lot of resonances nonetheless, quite apart from the
obvious parallels.  There's just something about those girls finding
themselves dumped in the middle of faerie drama and learning to use their
gifts to rescue someone else from the woe that really does it for me.

Also finished reading (listening to, actually) _The Hunger Games_, which I
didn't love as much as many others - oh no, just realised that includes
Melissa - I may be in trouble now!  I did like a lot about it though, and
hope for more from the next in the series.

Right now I'm wading through a duty-read and rewarding myself at undeserved
intervals with Sherwood Smith's _Once a Princess_, which is a *lot* of fun.
Oh, and almost finished listening to _The Adoration of Jenna Fox_.

Hallie