[DWJ] anyone reading list on digest?

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Apr 16 18:27:25 EDT 2009

Hello deborah and everyone

No, deborah, I haven't signed up for the digests, so can't tell you if
they've been coming thru.
Hope you're all ok, and that the quietness of the list is just due to
general busyness rather than anything more sinister.

Anyone read anything good lately, or have you all been on a reading
diet, waiting for the new DWJ to come out? I just did a search on
Amazon.co.uk to see if they had the new book listed, but the newest one
they have is The Pinhoe Egg. Funny thing was, that when I did a search
for 'Diana Wynne Jones' the list of books that came up included ones by
Neil Gaiman, Garth Nix, and Terry Pratchett.

The last book I finished was 'The Shadow Forest' which I borrowed from
the library because it received a reader's choice award (I've lost the
original notification, so unfortunately I can't tell you where the award
originated). Well, I did like it, but was happy to put it down at
intervals whilst reading it, rather than reading on compulsively. And
once I had finished it, I was quite happy to give it back to the
library, and didn't feel a need to own a copy for myself. These are the
differences between The Shadow Forest and any DWJ books I have read.

I'd be interested to see what others thought of it.

Regards
Elizabeth.