[DWJ] Curse of Chalion comments

Jenny Schwartzberg schwartzbergj at newberry.org
Sat Sep 27 16:04:54 EDT 2008

I adored Lawrence Schoonover's The Queen's Cross as a young girl and
researched medieval Spain back in college so I recognized the Curse of
Chalion as retelling Isabella/Iselle's story and giving her a far
happier ending than in real life.  In history what happened to her
descendants is what was threatened by the curse if Cazaril hadn't succeeded.

I won't say more so as not to spoil it for those who haven't read it.  I
really recommend this book to anyone who loves deep rich fantasy with a
sense of history.  I'm delighted to find DWJ has read and enjoyed it!

Jenny Schwartzberg
Chicago