[DWJ] Embarrassed wave from Ros

estairm at yahoo.com estairm at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 01:13:56 EDT 2008

Hi, Ros,

Glad to hear from you!  No need at all to be embarrassed.  Life gets busy, I know that.
Especially with moving and redoing houses, and such.

I was glad to be reminded of your visit here -- remembering meeting you, your family, the wonderful view from your hotel, how many pastries I ate -- yes, fond memories.  And thanks for not mentioning the quantity of pastries in your email, I do appreciate that.

It sounds like you had a very good trip with your father.  Well done.  Very well done.  That is the biggest regret I have about my father -- that I didn't do it.  We probably would have gone to Prague, too, though Budapest would have been more the focus.

My family are well, thank G-d, and my two eldest have finished high school!  My daughter has also finished her year of service (in lieu of army) and will begin university after the holidays.  My son, who was army-mad for much of his life, has suddenly grown very mature and decided to learn a year or two in yeshiva before the army, since he has become aware that many boys who jump into the army at 18 lose their observance, and he wants to strenghen his emuna (belief) before he takes the plunge.

My baby (sniff) started 1st grade this year, ending a 17-year streak of having children in pre-school.  But it is wonderful being in this new stage of life, no longer tied down to the house so much.

I spent all last Shabbat reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.  It was recommended on the list awhile back, and I finally ordered it and got it.  Loved it.  I finally found a reasonably price copy of The Winter of Enchantment, too, which I had remembered from my childhood, but couldn't find for under a couple hundred dollars -- for years.

Glad you're back in touch!  Don't dare be embarrassed!

Kol tuv (wishing you every blessing),
Esther