[DWJ] unusual DWJ mention

Karen F. frede005 at umn.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:53:49 EDT 2008

Just over a year ago, the 35-W bridge in Minneapolis collapsed.  The local
newspaper has an excellent retrospective, with some video clips, and
updates whre possible.  I was reading along it, and came across this, for
a young woman named Jessie.  She is an experienced actress, and was about
to go to Carnegie-Mellon University (Pittsburgh) to a musical comedy
program.

Update for Jessie:

"Summer 2008:  Some months ago, Jessie Shelton became enchanted by an
animated movie about a teenage girl named Sophie who suddenly turns into
an old woman. Because of a curse, Sophie can't tell anyone what happened.
And she sets off on a journey to learn how to be young again. For a
fantasy, it had a strangely familiar ring."

DWJ isn't mentioned by name, nor is the (movie) title.

If you'd like to read the complete entry, the site is

http://www.startribune.com/local/12166286.html.

You can skip the Intro if you like - it will take you to a long picture of
the bridge.  Click on car "72" for Jessie's story.

Thinking of DWJ's health problems, I wonder if she had similar thoughts
after hurting her back, for instance, suddenly feeling much older.

Karen
Minneapolis
PS the new bridge opens on Thursday!