[DWJ] Repair

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sun Oct 26 19:36:00 EDT 2008

Kathleen wondered:

>Can anyone recall any notable scene featuring repairs or repairing in
>DWJ's books? There must be some, because there's so much domesticity,
>but I'm drawing a complete mental blank (not unusual).

How about almost the whole Post Office needing to be repaired by numbers of
people after Gammer has done her worst to it with the table, in *The Pinhoe
Egg*?  Not to mention all the things that get broken by her in the original
house?  Those for big repair scenes.

On a much smaller scale, Sam putting the clock function of Jonathan's belt
right on the picnic-boat after they have messed it up by time-travelling
with it, in *A Tale of Time City*, is fun because of him being interesting
to draw in conjunction with the clearly complicated things he is doing.

Minnow