[DWJ] OT: Krabat Movie

Joe oddenda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 16:11:56 EDT 2008

That's the translation that Bettina refers to. I'm sure it's a great
translation - it's done by Anthea Bell, who was at least half
responsible for the amazing job on the Asterix books. But the English
title to me is all wrong - the mill in Krabat is pre-industrial, as is
its rural hinterland, and the Blake quotation conjures up an entirely
different picture. So I can't bring myself to read the English, even
though it would be far easier for me than rereading the German (and
doubtless great, once I'd got over the hurdle of the title). It's one
of my favourite books though, and I fear for its safety now that I hear
of this film...

Also - discussion of this book is about as on topic as you can get for
a book that's not actually written by DWJ.

Joe