[DWJ] Greer Gilman, and Joan Aiken

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sat Oct 4 21:07:22 EDT 2008

Ooooooooooooh!  Oh, thank you!  Thank you!

May heaven shower blessings on your head!

On Oct 4, 2008, at 1:13 PM, Minnow wrote:

> I may be telling people things they already know, but...
>
> Greer Gilman, who wrote the amazing *Moonwise* and has got better (if
> that's possible) has got a book out some time at the beginning of
> next year
> from Small Beer Press: worth checking at http://lcrw.net/gilman/
> index.htm
> (and $26 for a hardback)
>
> So I went and looked there, and in the order form I also found
>
> Joan Aiken, The Serial Garden          $20
>
> which is said to be all Joan Aiken's 'Armitage' stories in one volume,
> including four new ones (I think) and introductions by Joan and by her
> daughter.
>
> I have a emory of people here talking about that as a possibility
> after
> we'd been wondering where all the Armitage stories could be found,
> but I
> don't remember it being spoken of as a fact.  Anyhow, there it is
> for what
> that's worth.
>
> Minnow

I have always felt that laughter in the face of
reality is probably the finest sound there is and
will last until the day when the game is called
on account of darkness. In this world, a good
time to laugh is any time you can.

                           -- Linda Ellerbee