[DWJ] A question about Tove Jansson illustrations of the Hobbit

Jackie E Stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Fri Nov 14 22:20:10 EST 2008

I love this list!

Thank you everyone who looked this up for me.  I did try googling the
swedish and finnish titles, but I just couldn't figure out how to get to
sites that were selling the books (as opposed to discussing it or just
mentioning it).  So it was SO helpful to have you pick out the right
sites to go look at.  I've emailed some inquiries and we'll see where it
goes.

I do have to say that I was appalled at the price of some of them--180
euros!  Yikes!  But one of the ones that Otter found was 69 kroner, which
isn't bad at all.  But it was not clear if it had the right
illustrations... And the one that's 50 US dollars, well... I could
probably justify that.

Anyway, I've sent out my exploratory emails and hope they will return
bearing fruit.

Thank you again!!

Jackie