[DWJ] A question about Tove Jansson illustrations of the Hobbit

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 14 00:51:15 EST 2008

Okay, I've been to look (since I'm Swedish), and the versions of The Hobbit that are available on Swedish book websites don't have illustrations by Tove Jansson. I did manage to find a copy of Jansson's version on a second-hand website, but for the price of 1800 SEK (180 Euro), which, eek! I noticed Otter found one for 140 Euro (still eek!) while most of the rest seem to be the more recent version with Tolkien's own illustrations.

I hope someone else has better luck - meanwhile, I'll keep digging!

Katta