[DWJ] A question about Tove Jansson illustrations of the Hobbit

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Nov 14 00:21:37 EST 2008

What you need to do is Google on "Bilbo: en hobbits aventyr".
You will find such links as this:

http://www.fantasybok.se/tokien-bilbo-hobbits-aeventyr-p-849.html

and this one.  I can't figure out if this has the right illustrations,
but you can ask fairly easily, since it's in Washington state:

http://www.multilingualbooks.com/tolkien.html#swedish

I notice the price is $49.95.

This seems to be the same site as the one above:

http://www.101language.com/tolkien.html

If you Google on the Finnish title, you get stuff
like this:

http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=87178958

This is in Finnish.  You could try writing them in English.  I don't
think Finns really expect you to know Finnish.

And I think this site might be useful.  There seems to be a more
edition of the Swedish book:

1994 Bilbo Swedish ISBN 91 518 2727 1

It might not have all the Jansson illustrations, but the cover is
certainly hers.

Oh.  Here's the site:

http://www.tolkienlibrary.com/translations/hobbits/

... but I expect you already know about it.