[DWJ] Bristol Dust

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri May 16 20:28:40 EDT 2008

I'm on an e-mail list that updates me on new slang and
so forth.

So yesterday they informed me about [among other things]

Bristol dust

Bristol dust  n. So what is the best tyre to run in “Bristol Dust” (what
Bristolians affectionately call gloopy winter mud) or the slippery
Limestone
and roots that the autumn and spring bring to Bristol? —
“What rubber?” by Marcus Farley BikeRadar.com (Bath, United Kingdom)
May 9, 2008.

I imagine Rupert would slip in it.

You can see the word itself at
http://www.doubletongued.org/index.php/citations/bristol_dust_1/