[DWJ] I have to giggle about this somewhere...

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Wed May 14 16:05:40 EDT 2008

Kait wondered...

>>(I love the line "well,
>> better than the mad Swede or the dead >Russian" in one of their
>> reviews!).
>
> What mad Swede??

King Eric XIV of Sweden.

The dead Russian, in case anyone was wondering, is Ivan IV Vasilyevich.  And
the context is sporking of the movie "Elizabeth: the Golden Age",
specifically discussing potential suitors for Queen Elizabeth I of England.
Charles II of Austria is the lucky fellow who is better than the mad Swede
or the dead Russian.

(Entire thing is here:
http://history-spork.livejournal.com/7816.html#cutid1.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...