[DWJ] Re: Gotten, was Re: DWJ on Bujold

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed May 14 12:57:09 EDT 2008

>On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:49:18AM -0400, HSchinske at aol.com wrote:
>
>>I apologize for muddying the waters. My fault for posting when I should  have
>>been doing something quite different.

and Roger wrote

>Oh, come now. If you hadn't posted, my wet-blanketry would have been
>accepted without question, and we shouldn't have had this fascinating
>discussion!

Not to mention that I haven't read Joseph Andrews for *yonks*, and this
seems like a good excuse.

I seem to remember that it includes the immortal description of the amatory
housekeeper pursuing the innocent young Joseph

'As when a hungry tigress, perceiving her prey'...

:-)

Was that 1890 edition of *Emma* published in America?  but I don't suppose
Google says?

Minnow