[DWJ] The Game (Sally Odgers)--from Digest

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Tue May 13 15:39:26 EDT 2008

This is probably my first post on DWJ, though I have long been on Child-Lit.  My
interest has been piqued by one of your comments, Sally.  Since I read the
digest, this query may have already been raised, but you said

> I loved The Game too, but I often find myself wanting to know "more". DWJ
> leaves a lot unexplained, which is not a flaw to me, but she also sometimes
> leaves things under-developed.

I wonder if you could mention some instances of underdevelopment in older DWJ
works rather than in The Game, since some people are still reading that one.
And is this lack of explanation due to, say, not keeping faith with the reader
or just that knack of good authors of hinting that there is more to give the
text "depth" or whatever it's called.

Thanks,

Jameela
--