[DWJ] The Game

Sally Odgers sodgers at Iinet.net.au
Tue May 13 10:52:20 EDT 2008

I loved The Game too, but I often find myself wanting to know "more". DWJ
leaves a lot unexplained, which is not a flaw to me, but she also sometimes
leaves things under-developed. This may be (probably is) deliberate, since
life is often that way too, but I always see the shadows of the books she
might have written, and I often get the feeling that someone has presented
me with a wonderful 12-faceted mirror-ball and painted three of the facets
in matt white paint. So - I know there's light and wonderful things in
there, but I'm not allowed to see them.

Sally O

PS. Just finished writing a book called Tikki the Tricky Pixie. And no, of
COURSE Tikki is not cute. Tikki is downright dangerous. She's a wood pixie
who transplanted herself into a marsh and is causing marshy mayhem there.
Being restricted in word count, I found myself in a similar position as
writer as I am with DWJ's The Game as reader. There's a lot happening that
the readers won't see.