[DWJ] I have to giggle about this somewhere...

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Mon May 12 16:37:43 EDT 2008

Phil replied to my explanation of sporking...

> So it's like MST3K but for academics? Do they have mad robots?

I do not believe that mad robots are usually involved (I can't recall seeing
any, anyway!).  But I do not know what MST3K is.  Explain please?

>>  I don't think it's a LiveJournal-specific term, though.  More of a
>> general
>> Internet-term.
>
> I'll take your word for it, but I've been on the Internet since the
> mid-80s and never seen it called that before.

I've been on the Internet since the beginning of the 1990s, and I'll grant
you that "sporking" is a pretty recent term (probably no more than three
years old, I would guess), but I have definitely seen it (in the last few
years) in places other than LiveJournal.  We probably hang out in different
parts of the Internet.

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--