[DWJ] Verdigris Deep

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Thu Jun 26 16:06:53 EDT 2008

A bit out of the blue, I just wanted to recommend this book, the second by
Frances Hardinge. Her first, "Fly by Night", was recommended to me by
someone on this list and I loved it so much that I'm having it translated
into Hebrew. "Verdigris Deep" (or as it is known in America, "Well Witched")
is quite different, but excellent in its own way. I also found it to be
reminiscent of DWJ books like "Time of the Ghost" and "Wilkin's Tooth": a
group of modern children unwittingly entangling themselves with an ancient
power, to devastating effect.