[DWJ] The Sharing Knife

Wed Jun 25 17:14:45 EDT 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 10:08:49 -0600, Otter Perry wrote:

>Mmmm.  I'm reading the second part of The Sharing Knife.
>I know the third part is out.
>My questions are:
>   Has anybody read the third part?
>   Is it any good?  Is it an adequate conclusion?

As others have pointed out, it's not a conclusion, but it certainly is more
complete in itself than the first two were.

I had trouble getting into this one.  It felt extremely slow at the
beginning to me.  When I remembered to think of it in terms of a large story
arc--as, say, chapter three of a four-chapter novel--that slowness resolved
itself.  I enjoyed this one much more than the first two, though I doubt
I'll ever love the series.  Mainly, I have trouble really grasping what the
plot is on more than a superficial level; I don't feel connected to it and I
have to keep reminding myself why certain events are important.  But that's
just me.

Melissa Proffitt