[DWJ] timetravel/and other things

Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 14:11:44 EDT 2008

> Absolutely.
> I recognise the prescriptivist rules as a social phenomenon, and (as I
> have indicated in other posts) rank them with the rules of fashion or
> cookery, or for that matter bridge. What I react against is people
> treating them as though they were something far more weighty.
>

> Colin

Wheras I think it's utterly ridiculous to rank bridge (which, after
all, has a shorter time frame, and is also not used by almost every
living person) as the equal in importance of language, which
influences all human communication, including legal and religious
systems.

But I've never played bridge so I might be underestimating it.

lizzie