[DWJ] hexwood, archer's goon, and age

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 04:04:36 EDT 2008

> I think that the implied reader in Hexwood is a teenager--yes, older than
> Ann, but Ann's only twelve because Vierran was told she was twelve, if
> that makes sense. I mean, I know I'm 28, and I'm married, and the words
> "woman" and "grown-up" can be accurately applied to me, but I don't *feel*
> as though it's accurate. I feel older and wiser and with cleaner hair than
> I did at twelve, but I do think that if a magical something told me I was
> twelve that I would say, "oh, yes, of course."

This is rather OT, I'm afraid, but I just had to say: Oh, thank God it's not just me! I had a friend yesterday saying that we were so different from when we met at 19, and my immediate reaction was, "...I'm not." I probably am, in a hundred ways, but as glad as I am to not be an adolescent anymore and at everyone else's mercy, I do often feel that this adult thing is a game of make-believe.

Katta