[DWJ] timetravel/and other things

Philip Belben philip at axeside.co.uk
Mon Jun 23 16:36:16 EDT 2008

emily whitrod wrote:

> Hey Chelsea, What I did like in Black Maria was that the world didn't
> change when they went back in time, and how it worked out that
> everything was supposed to happen, like him playing with the cats
> just before he goes into the earth, and their being at the other side
> of the house, hearing they are also at the front of the house.

When I think of DWJ and time travel, I think of Time of the Ghost.  I
remember a long discussion on this list, some years ago now, in which
Jacob and I (with help from the rest of course) bashed through a number
of ways of looking at it, until we came to a model which said there was
a single web of cause and effect, but it didn't run simply from past to
future but back and forth.

More recently, of course, there's some neat time effects in The Merlin
Conspiracy.

Philip (Whose copy of HoMW won't arrive until next weekend at the very
earliest :-( )